GOAL #4: Active Learning
- School will continue in the delivery of optional programs to enhance students’ practical knowledge and skill.
- The Active Learning courses provide students with work experiences. To increase the program effectiveness, the School will conduct a student interest survey in early Septem- ber as suggested by the School Council. The selection of courses will be finalized by September 19. The Active Learning classes will start October 1 and continue throughout the
year in three semesters.
- Cooperate with Skills Canada, Yukon Food for Learning, BC/Yukon Breakfast for Learning, Industry Canada, School Council, and Ross River Dena Council.
- Involve parents in their children’s registration through a sign-up campaign.
- Use teachers’ expertise in specific program deliveries.
- Students will gain new skills applicable in their daily lives.
- Students will discover a true meaning of learning for life.
- Students will participate in the courses regardless of their academic achievements.
- Regular staff meetings.